I developed a test case/issue management application (“TCIM”) to manage testing and issues specifically for the QLogitek environment. It is coded in PHP and built on top of a development framework called the “Simple PHP Framework”, authored by Tyler Hall. Testing-related information is stored in a MySQL database.
The basic workflow of the TCIM is as follows.
- Create Test Suite from Specification Document.
- Break Down Specification into Individual Test Cases.
- Record a Test and Generate an Issue on Failure.
- Lead Developer Responds to Issue Notification.
- Developer Addresses Issue.
- Lead Developer Reviews Issue Fix.
- Lead Tester Reviews Issue Fix.
- Test Analyst Conducts and Records a New Test.